Privacy is big business. There are companies that collect and disseminate information about you to advertisers, and there are companies that distribute software and utilities designed to prevent other companies from collecting information about you. In a perfect world, there would be no advertising on the internet but, today, without advertising, there would be no internet as we know it…but there are rules that good internet citizens abide by to reduce the impact of these intrusions.
- Your information is 100% confidential at Tellus. We ourselves do not collect, buy, sell, exchange, trade, contribute, donate, or provide your private information to anyone, ever, under any circumstances.
- Google’s use of the DoubleClick cookie enables it and its partners to customize the advertising you see on our pages based on your visits to our site and to other sites on the internet.
- You can opt out of the DoubleClick cookie for interest-based advertising by visiting Ads Settings.
- If you have not opted out of third-party ad serving, the cookies of other third-party vendors or ad networks may also be used to customize the advertising you see on our website
- So, you should be aware that there are other third-party vendors and ad networks that customize the advertising on our website, unless you opt out of that program.
- For more information about your rights as a consumer with respect to online advertising, please visit: Network Advertising Initiative.
- You can also use the NAI opt-out tool is a simple web-based utility that allows users to opt out of receiving targeted ads from one, some, or all member companies. Click here to visit the NAI gateway opt-out site to opt-out of all network advertising cookies using their opt-out tool.
Report it to Tellus First
We want to be the first to know if you have experienced any difficulties with any of our advertisers. Please inform us by writing to the Executive Editor Alan Milner at email@example.com. Tell us what happened, when it happened, and we will take it from there.